Friday, January 25, 2008

Killer Joe Rehearsals

Killer Joe continues….

This was a huge week for us! The show is coming along nicely. The actors are still exploring their characters and relationships, but for the most part, I think they are pleased with their progress – I know I am!!!

Rehearsals are closed at the moment, as we are still trying to ease into the nudity. Although no one is nude for any length of time, three of the actors are taking this very courageous leap.

Fight choreography continues through the weekend. The fights that are staged thus far are surprisingly vicious and frightening. I continue to be amazed that they walk away from them unscathed. Each time we run the scenes, I am sure that a “real” kick or punch has landed. Kudos to our actors and fight director. I can’t wait for you all to see their efforts.

More later,
Gene’

No comments: